Saturday, November 17, 2012

New Chapter in My Life

So.. yesterday I got my mission call!!!!! I've been called to the China Hong Kong mission for my church! I report January 30, sooo basically in 2 and a half months. I'm glad I'm not reporting way later then my availability date, I was scared I was going to get sent out later ever since they've changed the age for missionaries to serve.

I remember how it went down too, because I was at work and I had JUST tweeted about it. Something like how I wasn't even stressing about getting my call until I kept getting texts from my friends asking if I had received it yet. And like literally five minutes after, my dad calls me and is like "it's here" and I remember asking him "ARE YOU SERIOUS DONT JOKE ARE YOU JOKING?!?!?" and he just responds super monotone and in Chinese he goes, "I don't have time to joke around, it's really here" and I could just see him making this face -______- ahahahha and it was about 4:30 or 4:45pm with me getting off work at 5pm, I just kept tweeting and going crazy and texted everyone!

The bart ride home was sooooooo crazy haha I was torn between opening my call that night or the next day with some a couple friends and family but I decided to just open it that night and my sister in law recorded it. So my brother and sister in law picked me up from bart and we had to make a quick stop and my sister in law asked if I had read my patriarchal blessing, because sometimes it gives clues as to where you'll get assigned, and so I keep this super tiny printout in my wallet and I read it and I remember thinking "omg this was the best idea ever, to read my patriarchal blessing before I go home and open my call" but I got home and I just remember opening it, looking to where I was called to and laughing because just the night before I was talking to my brother and even said, "you know what, even if I get called to Hong Kong, I'd be fine with it. Because we have so much family there so I'd get fed all the time AAAAAND I'll lose hecka weight from walking and the humidity" And so opening my call I couldn't help but laugh. Especially because my brother served there and this was about to be BYU-Hawaii all over again. "Ohhh you're Luke's little sister?!" I would answer yes, but over time I just started saying no lol but oh well I'm excited :) I even have my farewell date! My two really good friends from BYU-Hawaii are trying to come down for that! AHHH SO excited for life!

Moments right before I opened my call!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! Love you to pieces and looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in HK!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete